_

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Demolition

This past Tuesday night was our Devinci Demo ride, and what an amazing ride it was! First we demoed some brand new 2011 Devinci XC bikes...and then Ken demoed himself! Nick Swyszcz from Devinci brought out some amazing bikes for CTSers to try out during our CTS group ride. There was a full 2011 Mountain Split Pivot line-up; Dexter, Dixon and Wilson. I was able to take out a Dixon for the group rip and man oh man what a ride! I think I'm in love. The bike was so smooth I felt invincible on it. I'm completely set on getting one of these. However, in the midst of my excitement my buzz was killed when I heard someone yell 'rider down!' We all rushed back to the top of the run to find Ken ash white and struggling for breath. Ken had attempted a gap jump and landed a foot too short. He completely demoed himself and his bike (not a Devinci). It was a good twenty minutes before he could even get to his feet. At this point we realized that we were as far in the bush as we could get and we were starting to run out of daylight. It took a 3km hike and a 20 minute car ride just to get Ken to the hospital. Luckily for Ken there were no broken bones or punctured lungs. Unluckily for Ken he has badly bruised ribs. But you know what they say...if you don't fall you're not trying hard enough. From the looks of it Ken must have been trying really really hard!

1 comment:

  1. I pushed the limits... And now I know what those limits are. - Ken

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Followers