_

Monday, February 28, 2011

Epic Ride Destination #1 Haliburton Forest

It's worth the trip up north for an 2011 CTS Epic Ride Destination, this is an excellent place for a long weekend . Haliburton Forest has a trail system of over 100 km of single-track and over 300 km of trails in total on a 50,000 acre property. There are trails for everyone and every level of skill. There are great cardio trails , lots of rocks and roots, plenty of short, steep uphills and all completely rideable. We can camp on the premises and ride all day (and night if we want!). I hear that the lakes there are awesome to swim in at the end of a long ride! The MTB season runs from Victoria Day to the weekend after Thanksgiving. Let me know what you think, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in, as long as it's not a weekend I have my son. I've stayed there before, and the trails are pretty good, the campsites are huge, and the restaurant at the base camp is pretty decent as well. oh yeah and the beer is cold...

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Followers