_

Friday, November 19, 2010

My Growing Wish List.

As if my Christmas wish list wasn’t long enough already. In this past week I’ve snapped the soles of both my shoes, cracked my helmet and ripped through my gloves. Now I need to add these items on top of all the other mountain bike stuff I want for Christmas. When it comes to mountain bike gifts, there are a ton of amazing products to choose from. Sometimes it can be difficult to decide on what you want to ask for. To help you out I have put together the top 10 mountain bike gifts for the 2010 Christmas season. Whether you are looking for gifts to put on your list or if you are looking for the perfect gift for the lucky mountain biker you know.
1. Mountain bike socks: this is a great low cost mountain bike gift. You can never have too many mountain bike socks.
2. Mountain bike gloves: another great gift you can’t have too many of. Gloves can get pretty nasty if you don’t wash them. I usually have at least two pair in circulation. I recommend the full finger gloves.
3. Spare inner tubes: let’s face it, flat tires happen. We all need to carry spare tubes. Check the side of the tire for its size and get the appropriate tube.
4. CTS bike jersey: it’s nice to have a few jerseys so you can always start your ride off fresh. Just let me know the size and I will order one up. CTS jerseys cost $55.
5. Trail multi-tool: my amazing sister bought me this tool two years ago and it has come in handy on numerous occasions. Every mountain biker should carry a multi-tool in case they break down on the trail. I recommend a tool that has a built in chain break.
6. Bike shorts: this is another great gift that you can’t have too many of. A pair of baggy stly shorts will be most appreciated, remember we are a spandex free club.
7. Hydration pack: not only do they make it easy to stay hydrated on the trail, they also provide a place for you to keep your snacks, tools and a hand held tire pump. I recommend a medium sized pack. It’s big enough to carry what you need an keeps your carrying weight low.
8. Bike pump: this is the first tool every mountain biker needs. I recommend to have both a floor pump with a pressure gauge and a light weight mini pump for your rides.
9. Upgrades: there is always something that could be replaced on the mountain bike.
10. A new bike: you are one lucky person if you get a mountain bike as a gift. However, it is important to make sure you get the right bike. You will have to ask what kind of bike the person wants, or at least what kind of riding they will do.

2 comments:

You might also like:

Followers