_

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Going Down :)

Thanks to the opening of JoyRide 150 last winter, with all the obstacles that pushed me to improve my biking skills, I was trying more stuff out on the trails this season. A few months back I was thinking about how crash free my season had been, and how much new stuff I had been trying. Most of the time I was able to keep it rubber side down, but sometimes the trail just wants to remind you who's boss. I had been relatively 'crash free' but that all came to an end one ride at Hwy 26 in Barrie. At one point in this particular ride I found myself 6 feet up on a wooden ramp without enough speed to get over... I had hesitated out of fear, and I found myself staling and falling off at the highest point. This crash really shook me up, it took me a long time to build the courage to get back on that kind of stuff. My confidence was gone and I found myself falling on a lot of obstacles that normally I would ride without incident. As soon as I realized that my crash happened because of self doubt, my confidence came back, and so did my skills! My point is this, if you fall off the horse get back on. If you ride with confidence you will keep the rubber side down. And, if by chance you don't, I'll be there with my new GoPro camera to catch it on video.

2 comments:

  1. You cant let a crash stir you up. Best thing to do is try it again if not that same ride the next time you reach it again. I took a sweet face to dirt endo on one of the hips at waynes last time I was there. as soon as I got my breath back I hit it again and made it clean. it could have ruined my day but instead I showed that hip who was the boss.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Followers