_

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dillo in the City

Good day fellow riders, it's certainly been awhile. I thought I'd add my two cents by letting you all know, I'am still alive and trekking out new territory each day. Life in the concrete jungle of Toronto has replaced my well ridden and beloved trails of Midland, to well, a more urbanized version. I'll admit it's not as great as the sweat bucket evenings and wing-fed nights, but it does carry it's fair share of excitement. I thought I'd share a few thoughts on how I do it on a daily basis, using my never resting imagination. For starters I should mention I am a fairly aggressive cyclist... With a history of trail riding, I now weave between the notorious door-prize instead of equally avoidable trees, dodge streetcar tracks and small children over roots and rocks and of course, climb my way up traffic and pedestrian filled hills of ashfault over the lush earthy dirt of Copelands rooty ensamble. On that I've caught myself on a few occasions, in a few turrencial downpours, tornado fed winds (one hit the downtown core last year) and bitter cold hail storms. Toronto certainly is an experience of it's own. I love it most of the time, and considering I can get around the city faster than any other form of transit to date in is a pretty great feeling. Although with all this said I wouldn't be able to do it without the countless bike shops, cycle events, workshops, hidden routes, and the beloved DVP trails. So on that note, the idea of living in the city without my bike is an obvious cause for a shit cancellation. ;)

Cheers and be well fellow riders


Damien

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Followers