_

Monday, January 16, 2012

Set Goals to Become a Stronger Mountain Biker

With the objective to become stronger and more confident on my bike. I have set 4 mountain bike-specific goals that I feel certain I can attain throughout the year.

1. Keep strong in the off-season. I realize now that I need to change my way of thinking if I want to feel strong on my bike come spring. I’ve started an early-morning fitness routine at Raw Crossfit that I hope to continue until the snow melts and beyond.

2. Master a challenging section of trail. I’ve talked about becoming proficient in this area for years. This is the year I’m going to follow through with it. This year I will actually attempt the rock drop! You can hold me to it.

3. Take part in an event. This year, I’ve set my sights on a first time local event and put it on the calendar already. Myself and 4 other brave CTS members are going to attempt the Tough Mudder. I'm looking forward to testing my strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie.

4. Show my local trails some love. I ride my local trails a lot, and far too infrequently I take part in trail work to maintain their glory. I plan on staying on track with the Copeland Forest Stewardship Initiative to make sure we are able to ride it's amazing trails for years to come.

What are your mountain bike goals for this year?

1 comment:

  1. 1. Agree: Stay physically focused in the off season.
    2. Give back to the MTB community. Improve trails expand existing ones.
    3. Ride more. Last year for me was a off one. Find the time to get out for more group rides.
    4. Nail that Switch Back climb in my back yard.
    Fish

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Followers