_

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Way to Start the Season

It's been a slow start to the 2011 riding season. Last Tuesday night was the first CTS grope ride. The weather has not been working in our favour this spring. It has been too long since my tires have hit the dirt and it seems that the straps on my camel-bak have shrunk. The first ride is alway so rough, no mater how much I train during the off season it's just never the same as being out there on your bike, and this first ride was no exception. Nine hardcore CTS members joined me for this premier trek into Copeland Forest. I can't speak for the others but the trails owned me last night. Wet and sloppy are just some of the words that come to mind. The climbs where killer, I was constantly gasping for air trying to stay on my bike to keep from shame of being seen walking it. Though I found my bike handling really opened-up in the down hills and it all started to come back. That rush I have been waiting for the past five months, it was back. My hat goes off to John who smashed his face on a tree when he was coming around a corner (Photo above). Thank you to The Study Lounge for the amazing beer and wings after the ride, it makes it all worth while. I hope to see you all out next week.

2 comments:

  1. My ass is sore from my chin to the back of my neck (even with a Canadian Tire Gel Seat!!!) For all you who haven’t been out on your bike yet this year, get out on your bike even for a quick spin around the block and build up that cheek-leather. Or you too will be sitting on a foam donut at work for the next few days. ….biking is fun …biking is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see John's face now... Go to:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2006736334849&set=o.36856327783&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Followers