_

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Time To Rebuild

This past weekend at Joyride fellow CTS member "Big Daddy Mack" pointed out, while I was riding around on the crown that my front suspension was now just a fork minus the suspension. At first we tried to add some positive and negative pressure, and that helped a bit, but we both came to the conclusion that it might be time for a rebuild. Mountain bike suspension forks or shocks can wear out and will need to be changed, especially when you have a gorilla riding around on them. The rugged nature of mountain biking terrain makes the shocks one of the more important components on a bike. They should serve to absorb the impact of various obstacles that a mountain biker might encounter along the trail. Since this feature has been removed from my RockShox Reba suspension forks I'm hoping I can rebuild them. I will have a follow up post to let you know how it goes.

Read more at bikeradar.com: How to service RockShox Reba suspension forks

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Followers